Dear Commanders and Adjutants,
I am happy to announce the dates and agenda for the DAV Department of Michigan’s 100th State Convention! On behalf of our Executive Committee, we look forward to celebrating this milestone with all of you! Our Convention will take place at the Soaring Eagle Casino in Mount Pleasant on June 27-28 (administrative committee meetings will commence on Sunday June 26th ). Immediately following our convention, our National Service Office will be hosting Service Officer School on June 29-30.
This letter/convention package has been mailed to all current Chapter Commanders and Adjutants, as well as all 2021 Convention attendees. It is each Chapter Commander/Adjutants responsibility to notify your Chapter members of the following information. This letter (and all forms in this package) will be listed on our website at https://www.mi-dav.org by April 1, 2022.
1) Convention cost will be $40. Attendees are also responsible for their room ($125 per night), and the banquet meal ($35) if they choose to attend the banquet.
2) Chapter Service Officer training will be conducted following convention on June 29-30 (Wednesday – Thursday).
3) Or Auxiliary will be hosting a remembrance ceremony for our members that have passed. The ceremony will take place immediately prior to our banquet on Tuesday evening.
4) You must call the Soaring Eagle to make reservations as early as possible, but no later than June 5, 2022 to guarantee the group rate, and room availability. DAV Code number DAV072422 – Room rate $125.00.
5) Please note: We no longer take credit cards. If you or your members would like to attend the banquet, payment must be sent to Department no later than June 5th along with the included pre-registration form. There will be no banquet tickets available for purchase at convention.
6) If you will not be attending the banquet, you must still email your registration to Kelly Trambley and me. Our email addresses are firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
7) Department will not be planning or hosting a PDC luncheon, however PDC’s are welcome to coordinate a break out session/luncheon for their group if desired.
8) For future reference, this letter and associated documents will be posted on our website at https://www.mi-dav.org by April 1, 2022. We will not be mailing additional hard copies of convention forms. Please refer to the website if you need additional copies.
Despite all the challenges we have faced in recent times, our organization has remained steadfast in our commitment to each other, and to the veterans we serve. Through it all, our team has proven that we will persevere, adapt, and grow together as we embark on our next century of service. Thank you ALL for your hard work, commitment, and invaluable contributions to our organization that has been integral to our continued progress and success.
Our Department Executive Committee looks forward to seeing all of you in June to celebrate our centennial! We hope your spring is filled with success, happiness, and good health.
Yours in patriotism,
Paul Kaiser State Adjutant
DAV Department of Michigan